Skip to content
WHAT IS THE UNT COURSE?
- Walkway Management Group is proud to be working with the University of North Texas College of Engineering to offer an educational program for professionals to become a full certificate holder in safety program auditing, industrial safety, walkway safety specifically for those working in-fields of building safety, risk assessment, building management, and incident investigation.
- Using ASTM 2948-13 Standard Guide for Walkway Auditor Qualifications as its framework, the course is based on ASTM and ANSI standards, university and insurance industry research and government-sponsored information.
- Course topics include:
- Slip and fall statistics in the United States
- Standards, regulations and the US legal environment around walkway safety
- The role of friction in human ambulation
- Tribometry - the science of friction measurement
- Walkway materials, treatments, matting, and design considerations
- Identifying and remediating walkway hazards
- Systematic walkway management
THE BENEFITS OF THE UNT COURSE
- Once you have completed the UNT Walkway Certification Course, you will hold the highest level of certification in the walkway safety industry.
- The UNT Walkway Certification Course will help you separate yourself from your competition
- Successful completion of the course will prepare you to:
- Conduct walkway audits
- Use tribometer readings to evaluate walkway safety.
- Identify, suggest remediation for, and offer resolution for slip hazards on walkways.
- Create comprehensive walkway safety programs.
HOW DOES THE UNT COURSE WORKS?
- The Walkway Safety Certification course provides an in-depth look at the principles of walkway safety, slip prevention, and risk assessment.
- This course is expected to take 5 - 6 hours to complete. It is suggested that the modules be completed over 2-3 weeks to allow time for you to process the information and get the most out of the training.
- The course is 100% online
- Follow-up training on the use of the Regan Scientific Instruments BOT-3000E for the purpose of conducting ANSI A326.3 slip resistance testing is available upon successful completion of the UNT Walkway Certification Course.
WHAT DOES THE UNT COURSE DO?
- The assessment-based certificate program is designed for those who wish to learn and apply lessons from research in slip and fall protection to improve walkway safety in their own or clients' facilities.
- The certificate also provides opportunities to further develop highly transferable applied engineering skills that are marketable across multiple industries.
- The UNT Walkway Safety Certification course provides an in-depth look at the principles of walkway safety, slip prevention, and risk assessment.