Skip to content
WHAT IS THE BOT-3000E?
- The BOT-3000E (Binary Output Tribometer) is a highly precise, digital instrument capable of measuring the dynamic and static coefficient of friction (COF) of walkway surfaces in the lab and in the field
- The BOT-3000E is used worldwide and has become the industry accepted tribometer of choice.
- The BOT-3000Ecan measure both static and dynamic coefficient of friction with a variety of test sliders in both wet and dry conditions.
THE BENEFITS OF THE BOT-3000E
- It is the only device qualified for use with ANSI A326.3 “American National Standard Test Method for Measuring Dynamic Coefficient of Friction of Hard Surface Flooring Materials” released in April 2017
- It meets the requirements of ASTM 2508 for the validation and certification of walkway tribometers, as tested by an independent laboratory
- Measuring walkway slip resistance with the BOT-3000E per the ANSI A326.3 method allows you to recognize and remove slip and fall hazards, in compliance with the Standard of Care called for in OSHA Section 5(a)(1), General Duty Clause.
- The BOT-3000E is the only tribometer that has a data collecting and reporting app (STEP) that conforms to ANSI and ASTM standards.
- The BOT-3000E performs a test without human input except for the pressing of a button, making it more difficult for the operator to manipulate the results of the test.
HOW THE BOT-3000E WORKS?
- The BOT-3000E and ANSI 326.3 are the results of published research conducted in the United States and Germany and represent the sound scientific methodology required to meet the “Daubert” rule of evidence in United States federal and state courts.
- The BOT-3000E is a drag-sled meter, which means that it crawls along the floor under its own power at a constant speed measuring the resistance to slip of a standardized piece of rubber loaded into the bottom of the machine.
WHAT DOES THE BOT-3000E DO?
- The BOT-3000E measures the wet and dry dynamic and static coefficient of friction (COF) of walkway surfaces in the lab and in the field.
- The device is designed primarily for use on common hard-surfaced interior space flooring however it has also been used to determine the slip-resistance of other materials such as paints, waxes, and other coatings on flat metal, plastic, wood, laminate, concrete and stone surfaces.